If you would like to send me a private message please email me at anneking_kindlifeadventure@hotmail.com

I am happy to answer any and all questions and to keep a more private conversation for those who don't like posting in comments :) Luv and Stuff, Anne

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Being the Change, No More Excuses

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." - Gandhi

I saw that quote today and I thought it was perfect, because to me I am stereotypically what is wrong with society today (mainly North American society). I am overweight, I was unmotivated, and I was content to sit and watch as life passed me by. But not anymore, thanks to Alicia Silverstone and her book and the site www.TheKindLife.com , I feel like I've finally had not only a mental but a spiritual awakening. I can be in charge of my own destiny. Not that it won't be a struggle at times but I am in my own drivers seat heading down a new road made especially for me...

So here it goes, my first true confession for the day. I am feeling very optimistic with a little bit of fear and anxiety. To see me you would think "She's so happy," but the truth is I had lost all hope until I read Alicia's book "The Kind Diet." You see, I am only 24 but I am obese. I stand 5 feet 4 and a half inches and I weigh 250 pounds. Scary, I know. Believe me it's harder to write it down... I guess because it's no longer the number that I have floating around inside of my head anymore...it's out there for the world to see. I have always been a fan of the vegetarian diet. I have an intense passion for animals (which I'm sure some of you do), I also have an intense love for the earth. The problem is that I never really knew what to do with all of this passion. But today is, what I like to call, the first day of the rest of my life. I am starting today as a vegan, hopefully by the end of the month I will have superhero status ;) (In the Book)...

As I blog I will keep posting how I'm feeling. How Much (weight) I've lost. The Ups...the downs... The things I can't live with and the things I can't live without.... I will post recipes I liked and generally things that have helped me along the way... I hope that someone will find this useful, but my goal is to just put this out into the universe so that I can hold myself accountable and more or less my own personal tool for success...

So here's to a new kind life. I will keep updates on my journey to a new, happier me... and until then... you be the change that you want to see in the world... Much Love, Anne

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations! It is ver hard to make so many changes. I have been doing TKD since January (give or take). I have had a few slip ups with cheese and baked goods. I eat mainy vegan with a few superhero recipes. Have you tried the peanut butter crispy treats-they are so delicious! (even without the choc chips)Good luck, know you are not alone, I would love to lose 50 pounds. I am 5'7" and am 192. Let's work through this together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds Great Jasmine! Def. we can work together! I know it seems like there is never going to be a happy ending but I believe there will be one and it will be brilliant. Hold nothing back and having a few slip ups is nothing to be embarassed or ashamed of, you are human... and we all know how good cheese is! lol.. However, next time when you are craving cheese maybe try the soy alternative! It's great and it's enough to bite that craving in the butt! lol... Please keep me posted on your progress, I'll log daily (or try to) so I'm always here ok! And like I said it's a no hold back! So if you are having a good day or a bad I want to hear about it because you'll be hearing about mine! lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulation on your decision and good luck! It is not easy but you can do it. I like exercising and diet. Not "kill you diet". Just simple one - eat less at a time and more often. And exercise a little every day. At least try to. I have Total Gym at home and absolutely love it. But you don't have to buy it. Even resistance bands would work. Actually, just out of curiosity, visit
    http://exerciseforsixpack.com
    There are a lot of resources there. And, if you'd sign up for a free newsletter, you will receive a lot of useful information.
    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Irina for the great advice! I will check the website out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so excited for you! I just saw your post on The Kind Life forum, and am totally cheering you on, and right there with you working through the kind life. I've been vegan for three weeks, dropped 6 pounds (out of a goal of 50) and feel better than ever! You go girl! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow That's awesome Hailey! And thank you! It is a work in progress but it's all VERY good! I am super excited that you are doing this too! And thank you for the support! Keep in touch! Either on here or on the website! Keep me updated on your progress and how you are doing on your journey! :)

    Irina: I wrote a comment on here earlier but it seems to have vanished! So... Thank you for the tips on the exercise site! It's GREAT! And thank you for the support! :)

    Hopefully I'll here from you both soon! - Anne :)

    ReplyDelete