If you would like to send me a private message please email me at anneking_kindlifeadventure@hotmail.com

I am happy to answer any and all questions and to keep a more private conversation for those who don't like posting in comments :) Luv and Stuff, Anne

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Life Interrupted! Being Prepared when it matters Most!


"Life belongs to the living, and he who lives must be prepared for changes!" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Hi Ladies!

Sorry I have been away from the computer for a few days! Work has been getting in the way! I've been having to work a couple of double shifts! So it's been NUTS and I'm a bit exhausted!

My diet has kind of followed my work schedule... a little crazy and all over the place and only consistent because I had made my meals in advance! I can tell you this:
Breakfast has consisted of Granola and fruit and soy yogurt.

Lunch mainly salad with beans and nuts

Dinner was pretty much the same... salad and veggies and lots of grilled sweet potatoes and mushrooms...

Snacks were almonds and fruit or veggies!

Not at all exciting! But I've been running around like a mad woman so it's nice to finally have a minute to myself. You see here's another thing about me that you should know... I am totally a creature of habit, so I can literally eat the same thing every day and be ok with it! I know, not appealing to most! lol But in a rush I never have to worry about what to eat! lol... Another thing that's saved me this week has been pre-making EVERYTHING. I literally have a fridge full of cut up veggies and fruit, prepared salad and even containers full of pre-counted almonds and other nut mixes as well as pre-measured beans (for the salads). It's a LIFE SAVER! No joke! I swear it's what has kept my behind on track this week! lol

Although Ice cream is still calling my name... I have not yet broken down, and don't plan to. However (I cheated and bought some soy ice cream...just in case!) I do have relatives coming tonight (grandparents) so if I'm not blogging this next week regularly everyday that is why, and I am apologizing a head of time! Although I'll try to get on here asap!

So my life lesson for the week... you guessed it... being prepared ahead of time! For all of you that might find it had and easy to give in in a moment of weakness, I highly suggest preparing a few days in advance at a time. Plan out your meals and have everything ready so if life gets in the way, there is no room to say "I accidentally slipped" or "I just didn't have time"... If you make the time, it seems it's not as easy to fall off the wagon! :)

5 comments:

  1. howdy! you are sooo lucky! Usually I can have a few of the same things everyday but I get bored easily-I should say I get hooked on one thing like avocado or brushetta and then I eat it each day until I get sick of it lol Then on to the next food lol.
    It is really good that you planned ahead since you had to work extra shifts. Things are going pretty good on my end. I am trying hard to have vegan days instead of vegetarian days. Each day is a challenge lately. Enjoy your time with your grandparents!
    Talk to you soon!!!
    Jas :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey good job on preparing! I need to do that more often. Preparing salads ahead of time is super smart, I need to start doing that I just always fear it will go bad for some reason. I prepare them the night before I'm going to eat them or when I'm going to eat them. How many days ahead do you make them? Do you put everything but the dressing in?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were missed! Your "crazy week" menu sounds amazing to me! Great job staying on track when things were a little nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Ladies!

    Thanks! It really was a life saver to be prepared, and I find it is really saving my "behind" this week with my family being here too!

    Kiki: I have been preparing my salads as far as 3 to 4 days ahead. I just chop up all the lettuce and veggies and I put them together. I usually eat beans and nuts on my salads but I store them seperately as well as the dressing. And EVERYTHING is already measured and ready to go. I put them all in containers and I don't toss anything. I haven't had to throw anything out, but then again I force myself to eat what is made (for lunches and snacks and even side dishes to dinner)... as you might notice I eat salad with every meal besides breakfast so I tend to go through what I prepare... My tip for you would be to really plan out what you honestly think you will eat. Only buy what you know you will eat and prepare it, what ever you prepare - eat. Don't let yourself get out of eating it or else it will go bad right. The best thing I have found it the nut mixtures at my whole foods and beans because nuts are pretty well off not to go bad fast and beans (like garbonzo or even regular black beans and so on) can last up to a week depending on how they are prepared... so it's all about moderation and finding what you like.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey Jas, have you been working out at all? I am starting that PX90 when my family leaves... lol.. scarrrryyyy... and Gloria if you read this..how is that going?

    Leah thanks for the positive feedback!

    <3 xoxo

    ReplyDelete