If you would like to send me a private message please email me at anneking_kindlifeadventure@hotmail.com

I am happy to answer any and all questions and to keep a more private conversation for those who don't like posting in comments :) Luv and Stuff, Anne

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Work Schmerk! (More of a rant than anything else) ;)

"The truth is that our finest moments are most likely to occur when we are feeling deeply uncomfortable, unhappy, or unfulfilled. For it is only in such moments, propelled by our discomfort, that we are likely to step out of our ruts and start searching for different ways or truer answers." - M. Scott Peck

So last night I was at work... and my schedule said I was to be there from 12 - 10:30pm... So to my excitement...lol... when I ended up getting to my workplace, it was written down that I was to only be there until 6pm! So of course being that in my line of work (I work casual hours) I had it set up so that I had my 80 hours for the 2 week pay period! Well... I asked the girl I was working with if I could stay until 8... so that I had at least 8 hours of work that day and since she works there full time, she said it shouldn't be a problem! Problem solved...Right?... WRONG... This morning I had a lovely blast on the phone about staying late! I felt soo bad! But I tried explaining to the supervisor (of the group home that I work at) that she had told me to stay until 10:30 when we put together my schedule and that I had talked to my co-worker about it and she had never mentioned that we needed to call our supervisor to discuss it! I just started this job a little less than a month ago! So, to say the least, it was a very blah morning. I should have known better, but when the "rules" aren't explained to you then you are kind of left to play your own game, and by talking to my co-worker (who has been there a long time) and she agreed to it, I thought that it would be fine! YIKES! lol...

So I got a bit of a kick in my behind this morning but other than that life is great. Vegan living seems to be working wonders on my energy levels already. I wake up feeling refreshed and rejuvenated! You have to love that!

I'm making today's post a little shorter than I like because I'm off to a different city to do some shopping and to have a "date" with my hubby! YAY ME! lol.. So I'm sorry that there is not a lot to today, but I promise weight and the rest of the stats tomorrow... and hopefully pictures soon!!!

Cheers Girls! Anne <3 xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Have fun on your date! Where are you from? Today I had a good vegan day too. I am from Hartford, CT

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 posts in one day lol Dont worry about work tooo much, its not cool she didnt mention Hey you should call the boss to make sure. I read your last response to me and the hardest meal for me is breakfast since I'm super picky. I dont like oatmeal, trying to watch carbs so cereal is out right now...I was never a huge breakfast fan lol. I am also a virgo with an all or nothing attitude so I feel if I just do vegetarian I am letting myself down....but if I do vegan and "cheat" then I feel like I let myself down...kind of a lose lose situation lol May I ask what do you eat for breakfast? I have even tried boca meatless crumbles w veggies for breakfast-gives me energy just doesnt feel like breakfast lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jasmine!

    I'm from Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada! :)

    As for breakfast, I normally don't have a lot of time in the morning so I usually blend up a fruit smoothie. Usually ...

    1/3 (or 1/2 depending if I'm having banana) cup organic berries

    1/2 banana (every other day)

    1/2 to 3/4 cup almond milk (it's a little sweeter than soy and adds a really nice taste)

    and about 1/2 cup organic tofu (unsweetened)

    Sometimes I mix it up and add a little juice or I throw in some Kale or Spinach, but in general it's just a simple smoothie that gets my morning going! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh and ps... I am usually really hard on myself too .. I beat myself up all the time... kind of an all or nothing attitude right! I know it's all about taking things in stride, it's def. a learning curve, but trying to make the best of the situation! lol :) It's challenging though!

    ReplyDelete