If you would like to send me a private message please email me at anneking_kindlifeadventure@hotmail.com

I am happy to answer any and all questions and to keep a more private conversation for those who don't like posting in comments :) Luv and Stuff, Anne

Monday, April 12, 2010

Food Food and more... food :)


"If we're not willing to settle for junk living, we certainly shouldn't settle for junk food" - Sally Edwards



Yummy Indian food! LOVE IT! This was actually brought up with one of my followers (shout out to Gloria for the amazing idea). She was telling me what she had had for lunch and it was..you guessed it... Indian food! Which happens to be one of my FAVORITES! So My hubby and I went out and grabbed some wonderful dinner (the picture above is not what we had but it looked pretty similar, i really have to get my camera out! I know), and although I abstained from the Heaven in your mouth that is known as Butter Chicken... I did have some GREAT eats:

Appetizers:

We ordered Assorted Mini Samosas for appies, I had the veggies ones with Hot sauce for dipping... SOOOOOOOO GOOD!

Main Course:

Chana Masala (Spicy Chickpeas)
Baigan Ka Bharta (Eggplant Curry)

Dessert:

Too Full! lol.. Which was probably a good thing because I'm still detoxing from sugar and probably would have eaten the menu if the food wasn't so good! lol ;)

It was like heaven in my mouth and I think I might just be saying that because I was flipping out from detox and it settled some inner part of me that was screaming "FEED ME!!!!" lol, but it was good and much needed! If you like Indian food, I highly suggest having some tonight! ;)


Before that though...

Breakfast:
3/4 cup "Crocodile Granola"
1 cup mixed Fruit

Snack:

Assorted veggies
Hummus for dipping

Lunch:

1 cup butternut squash soup
Large Green Salad
topped with lentils and roasted red pepper dressing
(the only reason I had no grains is because I knew I was having a massive dinner! sorry girls! It's still a work in progress! lol)

Remember most things I eat are organic (Everything at home) the only things that are not are the food when I go out, and only if the restaurant doesn't serve organic, but even then we try to find restaurants that do, but it sometimes proves to be very difficult! :)

Anyways, until tomorrow!
Much Love, Anne <3 ... xoxo

5 comments:

  1. Hi Anne, that is so funny my fiance and I went out to eat for lunch and we had the Samosas and yeah they are so gooood we also had sweet pea curry and bastami rice. Anyways I did the cardio workout from PX90 today and man it was hard I could only do 30min. but I guess that is good for a chubby girl is better than nothing right.Well have a great day.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gloria- I heard px90 is super hard and crazy even for not chubby people! you go girl! I have been wanting to try it but it seems crazy lol

    Anne- Indian food is so yummy and it is so filling , its like "soul food" minus the mac and cheese. Have you ever tried falafel...not Indian but another one of those omg yummy foods that isnt awful for you...ok it is fried but its made out of chickpeas-it cant be that bad lol.

    Well ladies during my time away I did have a bit of cheese and 1 scoop of ice cream :( The waitress at one restaurant almost had a heart attack that I ordered the brushetta without the meat- she was like "what? that is what you are paying for...you can pick it off if you'd like..." my boyfriend was like no, it cant be on there or she wont eat it. When she brought the brushetta out, the meat was on the side, she tossed it down and was like here is the meat on the side. The awful thing is that the meat was like medium rare beef...something I never ate before vegetarian/vegan times...definately something I would not pick off and eat the rest either. What a dork lol!

    Talk to you tomorrow!
    Jas xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol! you girls crack me up!

    Gloria! I'm buying it this week...so I will be hopping on the PX90 Cardio camp with you! lol... SCARYYYYYYYYYYY!!!! I'm a little intimidated but also totally stoked on it as well!! And don't owrry about only doing 30 minutes! My friend said she could barely make it through 30 and she's built her way up to an hour now! lol... so there's hope! All us chubby girls REJOICE! lol... jk ;)

    Jas! That chick was a twit! I can't believe she did that! lol What a tool! I would have been like... "yeah I DON'T EAT MEAT so that's totally disturbing that you brought it out to me anyways!" lol ... Other than that, I hope you had a good trip :) You gotta love weekend getaways! My hunny and I are trying to plan a week long vacation ... who knows when we will actually get away, but at least the thought is there! lol ...

    oh and ps.. falalfels are awesome, loooove them... I one had one from a REAL Turkish shop and it was wrapped inside home made turkish bread... like literally home made, there was a window at the back of the restaurant where you could see like the guys 150 year old grandma making the bread! lol... so yes...heaven!! I love middle eastern food it's sooo good and actually good for you (like many things) and of course in moderation! lol <3 talk to you soon xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never really ate indian food but I must admit that picture looks so good! I must try it sometime. I'm so glad to hear you're doing well and have not gave into the nasty stuff even though you been so busy. I'm still not doing any exercise I know I'm being lazy but I just don't feel inspire to do it. :( I will try go to walking tomorrow morning though.
    Well keep it girl! you can do it! take care

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Lily!

    You have to try indian food... it's amazing! And thanks for the kind words! Not giving in has been my success because once I do I know I won't be able to stop! lol...

    As for the working out, I've been taking my dog for hikes everyday when it isn't raining, so it;s been great! Just start off slow and work your way up, and find something you love to do! That's what makes it easy, because it's enjoyable! <3

    ReplyDelete