If you would like to send me a private message please email me at anneking_kindlifeadventure@hotmail.com

I am happy to answer any and all questions and to keep a more private conversation for those who don't like posting in comments :) Luv and Stuff, Anne

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde ...


"I have the choice of being constantly active and happy or introspectively passive and sad. Or I can go mad by ricocheting in between." — Sylvia Plath

That quote above describes EXACTLY how I have been feeling this week after starting my "Kind Diet." In the book Alicia describes the first week as being pretty much a free for all with your emotions as your body detoxes... and she was RIGHT!!!! I have to say I have never been so up and so down and so suspended in between all at the same time (or so it seems)! lol

I have to tell you... My name is Anne, and I am a sugar addict! lol.. and apparently my body is not as happy with my life change as I would like it to be! Even my brain today was like "HAVE THAT DAMN ICE CREAM BEFORE I JUMP OUT OF YOUR HEAD AND EAT IT MYSELF!!!" lol...

So please, if any of you have been going through or have gone through this, please let me know! lol... because I pretty much feel like I'm normal 80% of the time and on my way to a straight jacket the other 20% lol ...

So anyways, other than that I'm feeling pretty good. My body anyways. Alicia is right in the book... this diet gets your bowels on track! And the rest of your body kind of follows suit. It's all been great, besides my mood swings, so hopefully that will be over with soon... it says 10 days for sugar detox right?... Here's to hoping!

Luv Anne... <3

3 comments:

  1. Oh Anne you should be ok within a week to 10 days. I def hate that part. It is like you are detoxing your body from everything you thought was yummy all at once: carbs, sugar, salt, dairy, meat, white stuff other than dikon...lol... I def was cranky and had a killer headache for an entire week when I first started. Now when its close to the woman time of month and I eat some choc or some carbs, when that wk is over, I still get slightly headachy. It will be ok. Just hang in there, once this part is over you will enjoy your food and everything else much better.

    The big addiction for me was salt. I put it on EVERYTHING. Baked goods too-not put salt on them, just another addiction lol.

    My boyfriend and I are going away for 2 nights to a bed and breakfast so I wont be able to read your blog until Tuesday. So until then be strong and keep up the good work. Youre doing a GREAT job.... (says me who just cracked and had a bag of cheetos from the vending machine at work-yuck. I will pay for that one later.)

    Talk to you soon!
    Jas :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the same thing this week. I am a sugar addict as well! It took every ounce of strength to say "no" to the remaining poptarts in the pantry. I have given them to my boyfriend, and asked him to keep track of them so that I won't eat any.

    I thought that I was becoming bipolar this week, the mood swings were so disturbing. So I hear ya! I'm not even 100% vegan yet, and this is happening to me. So apparently just cutting down on processed foods and eliminating meat are enough to send me into the deep end. Good luck to you on your second week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol!!

    Leah I know EXACTLY what you mean! Bipolar is a good way to explain my roller coaster of moods this last week. lol... But hang in there, today is a good day (i think it has something to do with my awesome feed last night, probably on some sort of a high from the curry! lol jk) but I'm feeling great today, so I'm praying that this is the end of the ups and downs! lol... for now anyways!

    Jas! Always such a pleasure to read your comments! I tell you girl you are so supportive! It is good to hear that you went through something similar! (well not Good... but you know what I mean! lol) ... as for going away, I hope you had a blast! Enjoy the B&B! And I will talk to you soon! <3

    Anne <3

    ReplyDelete